START DATE: APRIL 2021
**MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE - please do not apply if you have no experiencing operating a compaction roller**
The Roller Operator must be experienced in all aspects of asphalt mix compaction, including: parking lots, residential subdivisions, city roadways and highway work. We offer our employees competitive wages (paid weekly), on-the-job training, health and dental benefits, an excellent opportunity for professional growth and more!
Qualifications that are required:
- Work well in a team environment
- Operate a compaction roller in safe and appropriate manor
- Ability to operate self propelled steel-wheeled, rubber-tired, vibrator, segmented or other type of roller to compact asphalt surfaces.
- Distribute, break down, compress and give a finished surface to cooling asphalt
- Knowledge of rolling patterns and applications to achieve compaction and smoothness
- Determine speed and direction of machine based on knowledge of compressibility of material under changing temperatures.
- Ability to compact asphalt to proper depths and smoothness
- Ability to identify deficiencies in the asphalt mat behind the paving crew and notify the foreman
- Willingness to assist crew in all other paving activities
- Knowledge of proper machine startup, shut down and maintenance
- Able to comprehend new information and techniques quickly
- Hard working, physically fit and able to lift 20lbs or more
- Minimum 2-3 years experience as a finish roller operator
- Minimum 2-3 years experience on a road maintenance crew
- Valid clean class 5 driver’s license
- Has own transportation to and from work
- CSA approved steel toed work boots
- Knowledge of various types of highway and road surfaces
- Must comply with company's health and safety program
- Comfortable working long hours, including possible weekend work, as required
- Safety certifications considered an asset
If you believe you hold the right qualifications for this position, please send your resume by email to:
Only selected, qualified individuals will be contacted for an interview.